A parent asks another parent, “Why do you pay so much money and spend so much time running around for your daughter to do martial arts?”
The other mother responded, “I don’t pay for my daughter’s martial arts lessons, her uniform, sparring gear, weapons, or testing fees.”
Her friend asked, “So, if you’re not paying for martial arts, what are you paying for?”
The girls mother thought for a moment and then replied, “I pay for those moments when my daughter becomes so tired she feels like quitting but she doesn’t.”
– I pay for the chance that my daughter may have amazing instructors that will teach her that martial arts is not just about kicks and punches, but about life.
– I pay for my daughter to learn to be disciplined.
– I pay for my daughter to learn to take care of her body.
– I pay for my daughter to learn to work with others and to be a proud, supportive, kind, and a respectful team member.
– I pay for the opportunity that my daughter will have developed life-long friendships.
– I pay for my daughter to learn to deal with disappointment when she doesn’t pass the exam she trained for. Or fell during a jump kick she has practiced a thousand times, but still gets up and is determined to do her best.
– I pay for my daughter to learn to set and accomplish goals.
– I pay for my daughter to learn that it takes hours upon hours of hard work and practice to become a black belt, and that success does not happen overnight.
– I pay so that my daughter can be at martial arts instead of in front of a screen…
The girls mother stopped to take a breath and could see the smile on her friends face.
“I could go on and on, but to be short, I don’t pay for martial arts. I pay for the opportunities that martial arts provides my daughter to develop attributes that will serve her well throughout her life and give her the opportunity to bless the lives of others.”
She smiled at her friend who replied, “If you ask me, I think it is a great investment! Where can I sign my daughter up?”
Check out our new student trial by clicking here:
Sensei Chris Feldt is the owner and chief instructor of Samurai Karate Studio, a leadership academy located in Northeast Columbia, South Carolina. His school teaches karate to children and adults ages 4 and up. SKS specializes in self-defense, anti-bullying, stranger danger and character and leadership development.
Mr. Feldt was an adjunct professor at the University of South Carolina for college credit in karate and self-defense. Samurai Karate Studio has been recognized as a leader in martial arts instruction by being honored with the Best of Columbia Award for martial arts instruction for 8 consecutive years in a row.
Sensei Feldt is a certified instructor for group and personal protection training. SKS offers Active Shooter Training, Real Estate Safety, 10 Week Self Defense Academies, Bully Workshops, and Child Safety Camps.
We also provide corporate safety training.
Sensei Feldt has been a guest speaker in the Richland 2 School District covering school talks on stranger danger, anti-bullying strategies, kindness, and making good choices. He is available for both private and corporate self-defense seminars
Samurai Karate Studio is also a proud member of MAAB, Martial Artists Against Bullying, a nationwide program made
up of martial arts schools throughout the country that are committed to helping children who are victims of bullying. If you or someone you know is being bullied, we are here to help. But, you have to take the first step and either call us at [email protected]or email us at:
Bullying is one of the most serious issues we face today and with the right coaching, students can learn how to defeat the bully using non-violent strategies.
Sharing Is Caring
Have we earned your confidence and trust?
If we have and deserve it, would you please consider writing us a review on Google, Facebook and/or Yelp?
Here is the Link: Samurai Karate Studio Google Review
Here is the link: Samurai Karate Studio Facebook Review
(And while you are there, don’t forget to LIKE our page!)
Of course, if you are a member of one of our self defense or martial arts programs, you can easily post a review through our exclusive Samurai Karate Studio app right off your smartphone.
I humbly thank you for the reviews – Sensei Chris Feldt
Want To Learn More About Our Programs?
You can check out our kids program here: SKS Kids
Learn more about our amazing adult program here: SKS Adults
We even have a preschool program for your little ones: Little Samurai
We also offer group and private training in self defense: Self Defense