Halloween Safety Tips
Halloween is such a magical time for children and one of the most exciting holidays throughout the year.
We want our children to have a great time, but we also want to keep them safe. Here are several tips, if followed, that should make for a great but safe Halloween evening.
- Plan a route ahead of time in familiar neighborhoods.
- Wear a short costume and comfy shoes.
- Carry a flashlight and extra batteries.
- Wear reflector strips or carry 1-2 glow sticks.
- Plan to have a return home/meet up time.
- Carry your cell phone, extra house key and emergency ID information.
- Avoid masks that limit vision and try not to carry heavy props.
- Pack a couple of band-Aids and bottled water.
- Walk, don’t run on the sidewalks and stay out of the streets; cross only at intersection and designated crosswalks.
- Never go into a strangers house.
If you would prefer to have a copy of these tips printed out, click below
Put a little goodie bag with snack candy in your child’s candy bag so they don’t eat the candy they get before you’ve had a chance to inspect it.
I wish everyone a safe and joyous Halloween night!
Check out our new student trial by clicking here:
Sensei Chris Feldt is the owner and chief instructor of Samurai Karate Studio, a leadership academy located in Northeast Columbia, South Carolina. His school teaches karate to children and adults ages 4 and up. SKS specializes in self-defense, anti-bullying, stranger danger and character and leadership development.
Mr. Feldt was an adjunct professor at the University of South Carolina for college credit in karate and self-defense. Samurai Karate Studio has been recognized as a leader in martial arts instruction by being honored with the Best of Columbia Award for 5 consecutive years in a row.
Sensei Feldt has been a guest speaker in the Richland 2 School District covering school talks on stranger danger, anti-bullying strategies, kindness, and making good choices. He is available for both private and corporate self-defense seminars
Samurai Karate Studio is also a proud member of MAAB, Martial Artists Against Bullying, a nationwide program made up of martial arts schools throughout the country that are committed to helping children who are victims of bullying. If you or someone you know is being bullied, we are here to help. But, you have to take the first step and either call us at 803-462-9425 or email us at: [email protected]
Bullying is one of the most serious issues we face today and with the right coaching, students can learn how to defeat the bully using non-violent strategies.